The Kearney Area Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Ted Baldwin Donor Advised Fund.
Donor Name: Kearney Area Community Foundation (KACF)
Type of Grant: Grant
The Grants Program of the Kearney Area Community Foundation (KACF) is a means by which not-for profit charitable organizations may secure financial assistance for programs and/or projects which will enhance the quality of life for all residents of the Kearney area and surrounding communities.
The Ted Baldwin Donor Advised Fund (TBDAF) is a component fund of the Kearney Area Community Foundation, in that they collect and administer charitable funds under Section 509(a)(1) of the IRS tax code.
The Ted Baldwin Donor Advised Fund typically funds projects or programs in the Kearney area and surrounding communities. Grants are made to nonprofit, federally tax exempt 501(c)(3) qualified organizations, or organizations delivering a project or program which has a fiscal relationship with a qualified nonprofit.
As a general practice, the TBDAF refrains from funding:
- Agencies serving a populace outside of the KACF’s service area
- Annual fund drives, galas, or other special-event fundraising activities
- Debt reduction
- Dissertations or student/faculty research projects
- Emergency or disaster relief efforts
- Indirect/administrative costs
- Institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, mental, emotional or physical ability/disability, national origin, or age in policy or in practice
- Loans, fellowships, or grants to individuals
- Political lobbying, or legislative activities
- Profit making enterprises (unless allowed by Federal Treasury Regulations)
- Travel, tours or trips, including honor conferences, expanded studies
- Umbrella organizations that would re-distribute the requested funds at their discretion.
For more information, visit KACF.