The City of Franklin is requesting proposals for its Neighborhood Sidewalk Pilot Program.
Donor Name: City of Franklin
Type of Grant: Grant
In an effort to combat these problems and to make the Franklin community more walkable and liveable, and to encourage more neighborhood activity, the City has proposed the Franklin Neighborhood Sidewalk Improvement Program. This first phase of the program is considered a pilot program focused on one to three priority areas that were strategically selected because of 1) type of residents that reside in them (e.g.. elderly, lower income); 2) the important destinations within close proximity (e.g. grocery store, bus stop, public library, commercial area); and 3) the poor sidewalk conditions (e.g. broken, uneven, presenting barriers to the handicapped).
Pilot Program Target Area
The first area is also the highest priority. It is described as follows:
- 12th Street, beginning at Eagle Street and ending at Buffalo Street.
- Chestnut Street, beginning at 13th Street and ending at 10th Street.
- Buffalo Street, beginning at 13th Street and ending at 10th Street.
- 11th Street, beginning at Chestnut Street and ending at Liberty Street.
- The City of Franklin currently has a Neighborhood Sidewalk Program to help property owners with homes located in the target area described above.
- Rental properties are eligible for the program; however the property owner(s) must submit the application. If selected, the contract will be between the property owner and the Contractor, with the City of Franklin acting as Escrowee of funds.
For more information, visit City of Franklin.