The Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation is inviting applications for its Focus Fund Endowment which is an undesignated endowment designed to impact broad community needs and interests in Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Leelanau Counties.
Donor Name: Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation
County: Antrim County (MI), Benzie County (MI), Grand Traverse County (MI), Kalkaska County (MI), and Leelanau County (MI)
Type of Grant: Endowment
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/01/2022
Grant Size: up to $2,500
The Endowment offers a flexible response to current, immediate regional needs as well as provides a permanent funding source for the future needs of the five-county region.
Generally, $1:$1 matching grants, up to a maximum of $2,500, are considered. From time-to-time, the Community Foundation may consider larger grant awards.
- Preference is given to requests that offer a philanthropic approach to community needs and that have the potential for transformative community impact.
- Funding is available for organizations serving Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and/or Leelanau Counties.
- Program operational needs, direct services, capital or equipment expenditures, etc. are eligible for funding.
- The grant review committee encourages collaborative projects where grant dollars can be maximized and serve as many people as possible (relative to the community being served).
- It is strongly encouraged that you contact staff to discuss your proposal prior to completing an application.
- Complete the online grant application form.
- Grant applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed for consideration three times a year.
- The Community Foundation Board may consider, on occasion, a responsive grant or strategic grantmaking to respond to a need without a specific request or application and/or outside of the grant review schedule, particularly if the opportunity arises to support a community need in partnership with other granting organizations and/or individuals. Contact Brittany Morton, Operations and Grants Coordinator, with questions about a grant outside of the grant review schedule.
- The Community Foundation Board Grantmaking Committee will review all grant proposals and will make funding recommendations to the Community Foundation Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified as to the outcome of their request.
For more information, visit Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation.