Donor Name: Piqua Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
- Organizations that are eligible to apply must be 501(c)(3) or equivalent organizations. Funds received are subject to use as restricted by I.R.S. regulations governing 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Organizations are encouraged to apply as often as they wish. However, organizations that were not funded in the most recent grant cycle may be given extra consideration to allow many organizations to benefit from this fund.
- Eligibility is not affected by receiving a grant or grants from any other fund of The Piqua Community Foundation.
- Since so many of The Foundation’s community grants are made to school organizations, the Hartzell grants are not meant to be school grants. Organizations (such as UVMC Rachel’s Challenge, Brukner’s Owl Extraordinaire program, etc.) that operate in the school systems may apply.
- A donor advisory committee and The Piqua Community Foundation Board of Directors will determine the recipients and the size of each grant. The committee will have the right to determine the amounts of each grant made – those made to different organizations in a given year need not be equal.
- The donor advisory committee may or may not be familiar with your organization’s activities in the community. Use the application to tell your story and showcase your pride in your accomplishments and concerns about the future. The committee is not looking for specific details or long explanations. The goal is to give an overview of your organization’s work to improve the quality of life of Piqua residents. If there are questions, The Foundation will reach out to your contact person for more information.
- Grant distributions will be made in late summer of each year. Successful applicants will be notified in late August, and checks will be awarded by September.
- Funding is not restricted to any specific project, and no follow-up report will be required. Funded organizations may notify The Foundation of the use of the funds if they choose to do so.
For more information, visit PCF.