The Communitas Ventures Accelerator Program is designed to connect changemakers with like-minded peers, invest in their leadership skills, and build an impact community to foster innovative ideas, share resources, and launch social ventures.
Donor Name: Communitas America
State: New York
City: New York City
Type of Grant: Accelerator
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 08/01/2022
Communitas Ventures Accelerator is a cohort-based program that supports primarily BIPOC and women social entrepreneurs.
Communitas Ventures helps to make social entrepreneurship accessible and empowers changemakers to develop innovative ideas, challenge structures, combat social ills, and tackle entrenched inequalities that impede economic inclusion.
The core pillars of Communitas Ventures Accelerator Program are
Women and BIPOC-owned small businesses are critical to revitalizing local economies. Communitas Ventures mission-driven approach intentionally provides access for women and minority changemakers thus ensuring that their accelerator is inclusive and truly representative of the underserved New York City communities.
They are looking for candidates with:
- Community Commitment
- Empathetic, knowledgeable, and committed to addressing local community issues, preferably in underserved communities
- Strong passion for creating social change and demonstrating existing impact of/by/for the community
- Give-back mentality with the desire to ‘uplift as we climb’
- Change-maker Potential
- A high-potential community leader
- A strong alignment with the values of Communitas Ventures accelerator program and their local communities
- Clear on what to expect from an accelerator program
- Impact Creation
- Understanding of urgent needs across sectors like education, healthcare, and economic justice
- Dedicated and passionate about their social venture
- Potential for their social ventures to become resources within their communities
- Sustainable Business Model
- Realistic about their business goals
- Open to having their business assumptions challenged by a Communitas America team member, exploring innovative ideas outside of their comfort zone, and pivoting if necessary
- Strong commitment to social entrepreneurship and making a positive impact
The Communitas Ventures Accelerator Program is open to all changemakers who are transforming their communities through inclusive economic impact and social entrepreneurship. Communitas America highly encourages women and BIPOC community leaders and entrepreneurs to apply.
For more information, visit Communitas America.