Donor Name: Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
State: New York
County: Dutchess County (NY) and Ulster County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,000
- The maximum grant award is $2,000 per field trip.
- Schools will be generally be limited to no more than two field trip grants each, as the competitive application process warrants.
- Funding priority will be given to high needs schools/ districts.
Any educator in a public school or school district in Dutchess County and Ulster County, New York – kindergarten to grade 12 may apply for a grant.
- Field trips must be for trips outside of the school and must be tied to educational curricula.
- Teachers should seek funding from their school or district first. If that source is depleted or not available for a particular field trip, the teacher/school may request money from this fund.
- Field trips should occur during the regular academic year and generally during school hours.
- Summer programs, clubs and after-school programs are not eligible.
- Funds may cover transportation, admissions, or to help defray the costs of students who do not have the ability to pay for their portion in cases where students/families are expected to pay all or a portion of the cost.
- The proposed field trip should be reasonable and appropriate.
- Field trips that serve an entire grade level will be considered.
For more information, visit Community Foundations of the Hudson valley.