The Porter County Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Porter County Community Fund.
Donor Name: Porter County Community Foundation
County: Porter County (IN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The foundation gathers generosity from our community, grows those donations through investment and gives grants to organizations all for the good of Porter County.
The grants are awarded through an open grant process for humanitarian, cultural, educational and environmental purposes.
While the Foundation appreciates how important it is for all nonprofits to raise general operating support, they are not in a position to provide ongoing operating support to all the great organizations serving their community. Therefore, the Foundation is interested in funding requests that:
- Increase the capacity of your organization through planning, training and professional development that leads to increased efficiency and sustainability. Recurring professional development opportunities such as annual conferences are not eligible for consideration.
- Enhance the organization’s efficiency through the acquisition of equipment and extraordinary expenses that occur that are difficult to budget for but are important for the long-term growth and vitality of the organization;
- Expand successful programming in order to reach new or larger audiences;
- Facilitate cooperation and collaboration among organizations for new, innovative programming.
In considering grant applications, the Grant Committee needs to make difficult choices. There are always more requests than available funds. Here are some factors that the Committee considers:
- Support for the request from sources other than the Foundation;
- Evidence that the organization’s Board provides meaningful financial support in addition to their governance responsibilities;
- The overall financial strength of the organization; and
- The impact of the request or the overall enhancement of the organization’s capacity to better serve Porter County.
The maximum grant amount is $10,000.
The Foundation Generally Does Not Fund:
- Annual appeals or membership contributions;
- Event sponsorships;
- Multi-year grants;
- Programs that are sectarian or religious in nature;
- Political organizations or candidates;
- Contributions to endowment campaigns;
- Campaigns to reduce previously incurred debt;
- Individuals (except scholarships from scholarship funds);
- Programs already completed and/or equipment already contracted for;
- Travel for bands, sports teams and similar groups;
- Camp scholarships or fees related to camp programs; and
- Grants to re-granting organizations.
Grant applications from organizations headquartered outside of Porter County need to identify that they have a facility or are operating a specific program in Porter County or they need to identify a Porter County partner that will sign as a co-applicant.
For more information, visit PCCF.