Donor Name: City of Aliso Viejo
City: Aliso Viejo
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $10,000
To be eligible to apply for the Business Relief Grant Program, the business must meet criteria established by the City of Aliso Viejo and meet all applicable Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) requirements.
- Grants of up to $10,000 may be awarded to eligible businesses with 6-25 Full-Time Employees.
- Grants of up to $7,500 may be awarded for eligible businesses with 1-5 Full-Time Employees.
- Business must be located within the City of Aliso Viejo.
- Business must have 25 or fewer Full-Time Employees (or full-time equivalent employees) prior to March 15, 2020.
- Business must have a Certificate of Occupancy on file with the City of Aliso Viejo for the prior six (6) months.
- Business must show a fifteen percent (15%) reduction in gross profits as evidenced by gross profit from 3th and 4th quarter 2019 versus 3rd and 4th quarter 2021, and has laid off at least one of its employees, (FullTime or Full-Time Equivalent).
- Business must create or retain at least one (1) Full-Time Equivalent low-moderate income employee for a minimum of Ninety (90) days or; Owner of a micro-business (Five or fewer employees, including the owner) can qualify as the low-moderate income employee.
- Other requirements as deemed necessary.
Eligible Use of Funds
- Payroll/employee retention of low-moderate income employee(s)
- Purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Third Party Delivery Fees
- Purchase of materials/equipment to convert business activities to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Improvements to adapt to curbside delivery, no touch purchases etc.
- Payment of back Rent or Mortgage
- Rental costs for improvements to outdoor patios, heaters, fencing, lighting etc.
- Facility Cleaning/restoration due to Covid-19
- Other grantor eligible approved uses addressing temporary Covid-19 related restrictions on business activity.
For more information, visit City of Aliso Viejo.