The Colorado Energy Office (CEO) provides financial assistance in the form of reimbursement-based grants to eligible applicants for the implementation of voluntary industrial and manufacturing air pollutant emission reduction projects in Colorado.
Donor Name: Colorado Energy Office (CEO)
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 5-10 Years
CEO currently anticipates making approximately $15 million available to eligible entities in the second funding round. The minimum funding award per application is $100,000. CEO is still determining the maximum funding award per application for the second funding round.
Eligible project types for this funding round include:
- Fossil fuel efficiency & fuel switching
- Fuel switching to a lower GHG emitting fuel source (e.g. switching from coal to natural gas) that will not be a switch to electricity, hydrogen, or renewable energy fall under this project type.
- Process emission reduction
- Converting fossil fuel-powered equipment/processes to an electric fuel source (i.e. strategic electrification)
- Renewable energy projects that directly aid in strategic electrification project adoption or fulfill a portion or all of necessary process heating requirements.
- Electricity produced must not exceed the amount typically used in the applicant’s production process. In other words, projects producing more electricity than can be utilized within the production process being operated under typical production schedules are not eligible
- Carbon management projects
- Methane capture and destruction projects
- Private entities limited to:
- Projects at drinking water & wastewater treatment plants, landfills, and coal mines
- Local Governments and Tribal Governments may only apply for funding for air pollutant reduction projects at drinking water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants and landfills and for carbon management and methane capture & destruction projects. Commercial projects are not eligible.
For more information, visit CEO.