The Artist Springboard Grant funds Maine artists to create new or existing work, enhance their artistic skills and abilities, participate in opportunities that will benefit the artists’ career, and improve their ability to share their work with the public.
Donor Name: Maine Arts Commission
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
This grant helps individual artists who are new to the grant making process and have not been funded through the Maine Arts Commission previously.
As MAC continues to expand the reach to all people living in Maine, they are committed to offer accessible opportunities to people historically under-served in the arts, including people who speak languages other than English, people with disabilities, people who are LGBTQIA+, people living in rural areas, and people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. In upholding the responsibility to cultural equity, they strongly encourage applications from candidates with connections in these communities and from all counties across the state.
- Grant Award: $1,500.
- Award Cycle: July 1, 2024 to June 30, 2025.
Awards may be used for the creation of work and the advancement of their artistic goals for things like:
- Materials or equipment
- Productions or installations
- Planning and preparation
- Tours or Exhibition costs
- Hiring other artists or assistants.
An applicant is eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Has not received a grant from the Maine Arts Commission before
- Is an individual practicing artist
- Is a current Maine resident
- Is 18 years of age or older by the application deadline
- Notes: An applicant cannot apply for the Artist Project Grant and the Springboard Grant in the same grant cycle.
- Debt or loan repayment
- Equipment purchases over $5,000
- Home office or home studio rent and expenses
- Activities for which undergraduate or graduate level education is given
- Projects that support or oppose a particular political party or candidate for public office
- Projects that are exclusive to members of a particular religious faith group.
For more information, visit MAC.