The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) announces the availability of approximately $1.1 billion in competitive grants under the Low or No Emission Grant Program (Low-No Program).
Donor Name: Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Low-No Program provides funding for the purchase or lease of zero-emission and low-emission transit buses, including acquisition, construction, and leasing of required supporting facilities such as recharging, refueling, and maintenance facilities.
$1,103,963,762 is available for the Low- or No-Emission Program 2024.
Eligible Project Types
- Purchase or lease low or no emission buses;
- Acquiring low or no emission buses with a leased power source;
- Constructing or leasing facilities and related equipment (including intelligent technology and software) for low or no emission buses;
- Constructing new public transportation facilities to accommodate low or no emission buses;
- Rehabilitating or improving existing public transportation facilities to accommodate low or no emission buses;
- Additionally, 0.5% of the Federal request may be used for workforce development training and an additional 0.5% may be used for training at the National Transit Institute (NTI). Note, applicants proposing any project related to zero-emission vehicles and related facilities must also spend 5% of their award on workforce development and training as outlined in their Zero-Emission Fleet Transition Plan, unless the applicant certifies that their financial need is less.
Eligible applicants for the Low or No Emission Program include designated recipients, States (including territories and Washington, DC), local governmental authorities, and Indian tribes. To be considered eligible, applicants must be able to demonstrate the requisite legal, financial, and technical capabilities to receive and administer Federal funds under this program. Assistance on this requirement is available from FTA’s Regional Offices. Assistance on this requirement is available from FTA’s Regional Offices.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.