The ArtsinStark is pleased to announce the Arts Impact Grant, a new stream of project-based funding for collaborations across Stark County.
Donor Name: ArtsinStark
County: Stark County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Funds will be available for partnership-based projects in alignment with ArtsinStark’s strategic focus on Arts & Education, Arts & Well-being and Arts & Vitality.
ArtsinStark recognizes the impact cross-sector partnerships have in addressing community challenges and improving individual and overall wellbeing. In its inaugural year the ArtsImpact Grant will foster partnerships between the arts community and partners.
Each year, ArtsinStark engages in the annual Campaign for the Arts, raising over one million dollars to support the arts in Stark County. The goals of this fund are as follows:
- To support facility and operating expenses for the Canton Cultural Center and its resident organizations. The fund supports building maintenance, security, insurance, and other costs affiliated with maintaining the facility as a resource and hub for the cultural community.
- To provide general operating support to select institutions in Stark County in recognition of their service to residents and visitors, their leadership in the cultural community, and their annual partnership in the Campaign for the Arts.
- To support collaborative projects led by artists, organizations, and community partners through a competitive annual process in alignment with three of ArtsinStark’s strategic priorities.
The ArtsImpact Fund will support cross-sector partnerships that address one of the following three priority areas:
- Arts & Education
- including arts exposure programs taking place at community sites, out-ofschool programming, professional development workshops for Stark County’s arts educators, and other partnerships with community-based organizations serving children and families.
- Arts & Wellbeing
- including arts in health partnerships between arts organizations and hospitals or health providers; creative aging programs serving older adults; arts-related programs that support mental health and treatment for addiction; and arts opportunities for individuals involved with systems such as the foster care and criminal justice systems.
- Arts & Vitality
- providing support for programs and partnerships that bring locals and visitors together across Stark County; unique experiences that contribute to the economic vitality of the area; projects that revitalize vacant real estate and public spaces; and projects that provide professional development opportunities for artists. Projects under this category can also be supported through grants administered by Visit Canton provided that project expenses are distinct between the two grant programs.
- Awards will be $2,500 – $7,500 per project.
- Stark County between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025.
Lead applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Organization must be tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3).
- The principal office of the organization must be located in Stark County.
- Organizations must comply with statutes that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, handicap, age, or sex.
- Organizations must submit a complete set of application materials before the deadline.
- Organizations must have received approval for all final reports related to previous grant funding from ArtsinStark.
Colleges and universities, social service organizations, historical and scientific organizations, economic development organizations, hospitals and health service organizations, and other non-arts not-for-profits are encouraged to partner with individual artists, small community-based arts groups, and artist collectives to develop a project proposal.
For more information, visit ArtsinStark.