The Artist Project Grant is designed to support individual Maine artists in various stages of their career.
Donor Name: Maine Arts Commission
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
This includes the creation of new or existing work, activities that enhance an artist’s skills or process, participation in programs to raise the level and quality of their work, and supporting ways to bring their art to the public.
As MAC continues to expand the reach to all people living in Maine, they are committed to offer accessible opportunities to people historically under-served in the arts, including people who speak languages other than English, people with disabilities, people who are LGBTQIA+, people living in rural areas, and people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds. In upholding the responsibility to cultural equity, they strongly encourage applications from candidates with connections in these communities and from all counties across the state.
Grant Award: $2,500.
Projects can be in any artistic discipline and on any scale and must take place between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025.
Awards may be used for the creation of work and the advancement of their artistic goals for things like:
- Materials or equipment
- Productions or installations
- Planning and preparation
- Tours or Exhibition costs
- Hiring other artists or assistants.
An applicant is eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Is an individual practicing artist
- Is a current Maine resident
- Is 18 years of age or older by the application deadline
- If applicable, has completed all Final Reports, required by the Maine Arts Commission for previous awards.
- Notes: An applicant cannot apply for the Artist Project Grant and the Springboard Grant in the same grant cycle.
- Debt or loan repayment
- Equipment purchases over $5,000
- Home office or home studio rent and expenses
- Activities for which undergraduate or graduate level education is given
- Projects that support or oppose a particular political party or candidate for public office
- Projects that are exclusive to members of a particular religious faith group.
For more information, visit MAC.