The Start-Up Subsidy Grant Program provides grant funding of up to $5,000 to help new small businesses cover start-up related costs within one year of opening.
Donor Name: City of York
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline: All Time
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The funding is offered as a reimbursement for expenses related to rent/mortgage, marketing & promotion, legal, accounting, and/or product development.
- The City’s ARPA grant programs are designed to support residents, organizations, programs, and activities that benefit City of York residents and community. Per the Final Rule, the U.S. Treasury recognizes small businesses located within a Qualified Census Tract (QCT) area as disproportionately impacted and eligible to receive funding for this program. Qualifying expenses must be related to new business expenses related to rent/mortgage, marketing & promotion, legal, accounting, and/or product development.
- The City of York is required by law to obtain the following information from all grant program applicants. This information is used by the City to determine the applicant’s eligibility under US Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD) guidelines. You must meet all eligibility criteria and submit ALL the required documentation to be considered for the grant. The information you provide on this form will be kept confidential. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Must qualify as a small business – The City of York defines a small business as a business operating with 10 or fewer full-time employees.
- Earn $500,000 or less in annual gross revenues.
- Must be registered, licensed, and in good standing on all City taxes and obligations.
- Business must be physically located within a QCT in the City of York.
- Must not have unpaid code enforcement liens or violations for any state, federal, or local laws.
- Must be current on all taxes, including payroll, sales, unemployment, property, State, and Federal.
- No owners have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years.
- Eligible costs must occur within a year of applying for grant funds
For more information, visit City of York.