Donor Name: Community Foundation of North Central Washington
Counties: Chelan County (WA), Douglas County (WA), or Okanogan County (WA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $20,000
A one-time grant opportunity for public schools, nonprofits, and community-based organizations for programs that address unfinished learning and learning recovery due to the pandemic for K-12 youth in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties.
Special consideration will be given to applications that address unfinished learning for under-served or under-resourced groups (including low-income, geographically isolated, youth with disabilities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, English-language learners, youth experiencing homelessness, etc.).
Grants awards will generally range from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on the need and impact on youth. Awards will be made in late January and must be expended by the end of the 2022-2023 academic school years.
Activities Considered for Support:
- High dosage tutoring, academic supports, or expanded learning opportunities (preference for math and literacy)
- Social emotional, mental health and wellbeing support for students, teachers, and families
- Trauma-informed teaching
- Family engagement in learning
- Grants are for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, public schools, and school districts located in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties. All other community-based organizations must secure a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor prior to submitting a grant request.
- Principal or Superintendent approval is needed for school or district applications.
- Applications from schools and school districts must outline how ESSER (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief) funding is being used and why additional grant funding is needed.
- Grant funds must be expended by the end of the 2022-2023 academic school years.
For more information, visit Helping Hands for Youth Grant.