The Women’s Fund of Essex County raises funds specifically to award grants to nonprofit organizations focused on gender-specific programs and services for at-risk women and girls of Essex County.
Donor Name: Essex County Community Foundation
County: Essex County
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
The Essex County Community Foundation grants are awarded annually to results-oriented organizations that have demonstrated success in positively impacting the lives of women and girls. The grants provide an essential infusion of funding to maximize the success and impact of the programs or services.
Funding must address racial or gender-based disparities faced by women and girls, focus on the gender-specific needs of women and girls, provide solutions to problems facing women and girls, and allow these unique needs to set the pace and determine the content and delivery of programs. The application MUST address at least one of the following areas to be considered:
- Economic Self-Sufficiency and Security
- Financial Skills & Literacy
- Career Skills & Training
- Child Care Programs
- Immigration Support Programs
- Homelessness & Housing Support
- Health and Wellbeing
- Mental Health Programs
- Addiction Prevention & Recovery
- Young Mothers Education & Support
- Healthcare: Programs that provide access to and/or improve the quality of healthcare for women and girls
- Personal Safety: Domestic Abuse & Sexual Assault Prevention & Recovery, Human Trafficking Prevention & Recovery
- Elder Care
- Leadership and Empowerment
- Youth Education & Mentorship
- Self-Esteem Programs
- Social Justice(i.e. approaches that focus on the root causes of social injustices and work towards structural change)
Supporting nonprofit programs serving the residents of Essex County, Massachusetts, with priority given to organizations located in Essex County.
The Women’s Fund is limited to nonsectarian programming for Essex County women and girls of all religious, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Programs sponsored by religious organizations are eligible if enrollment is open to all qualified women and girls and the program is free of mandatory sectarian religious instruction.
Generally, grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To agencies with pending 501(c)3 status
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For political purposes
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For endowment or capital campaigns
- For research or feasibility studies
For more information, visit The Women’s Fund.