The City of El Centro is seeking proposals for Community Development Block Grant Program to benefit at least 51% low and moderate-income persons.
Donor Name: City of El Centro
City: El Centro
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/05/2022
Size of the Grant: $14,660
All activities proposed for CDBG funding must achieve at least one of the following national objectives:
- Benefit at least 51% low and moderate-income persons;
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slum or blight;
- Meet other community development needs having a particular urgency
- To meet the primary objective, the CDBG regulations require that grantees expend not less than 70 percent of CDBG funds for activities that benefit low- and moderate-income persons.
The City will also have available approximately $14,660 from Program Income generated by the previous State awarded grants.
The program allows jurisdictions to select those activities that best meet the needs of their communities, in accordance with the national objectives and requirements of the CDBG Program. The following is a partial list of eligible activities:
- Housing Activities
- Rehabilitation and Acquisition for Rehabilitation
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Public Facilities
- Street Improvements
- Water or sewer lines
- Community centers
- Parks and playgrounds
- Facilities designed to provide shelter for persons with special needs
- Public Service (With Certain Limits)
- Or whose clientele consists of:
- Economic Development
- Microenterprise assistance
- Special economic development activities
- Commercial Rehabilitation
For more information, visit Community Development Block Grant Program.