Are you passionate about a problem in your community? Do you want to receive up to $3,000 for your group? The By Youth For Youth (BYFY) program offers up to $3,000 for student-led projects, clubs and ideas that will better Dane County. Apply today and make a change!
Donor Name: United Way of Dane County
County: Dane County (WI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/09/2022
Size of the Grant: $3,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
By Youth For Youth (BYFY) is pleased to announce the availability of funding for youth initiatives in Dane County. Eligible projects will benefit youth in Dane County, and include youth in project planning, proposal writing, and project execution.
For 2021-2022, BYFY will prioritize projects that address the following priorities:
- Racial justice, rights, and accessibility
- Environmental change, environmental justice
- Mental health access (with an emphasis on marginalized communities)
- Resources for teens experiencing poverty
- Immigrant and undocumented youth justice, rights, and accessibility
BYFY recommends that project proposals correspond with at least one of the above priority areas to be considered for funding. However, proposals not meeting any priorities may still be considered!
Awards & Notification
The maximum grant awarded is $3,000 for up to a one-year period. Funding has been made available through United Way of Dane County, Dane County Youth Commission, and the City of Madison Community Development Division. Projects selected as grant award recipients will be notified in mid-April 2022, and will receive funds at the Awards Ceremony. The awards ceremony is scheduled for April 25, 2022, and will be held virtually.
Proposal Criteria & Eligibility Checklist
- Project is by youth, and for youth
- Project benefits K-12 youth in Dane County
- Applicants, organizations, and schools must be located in Dane County
- Applicants, organizations, and schools must have a non-profit status or fiscal agent*
- Applicants, organizations, and schools can submit more than one proposal
- Youth are included in project planning, proposal writing, and/or project execution
- Project in the RFP is clearly and concisely described
- Please proofread project proposal to check spelling and grammar
*If you do not have a financial agent identified, please still submit your idea. They will attempt to identify a matching financial agent if your proposal is selected, but there are no guarantees, so if you have a financial agent your proposal will be stronger.
For more information, visit BYFY Request for Proposals.