The Eastern Oregon Border Economic Development Board is charged with implementing investment strategies and practices in workforce and economic development in the region and to make grants to eligible applicants for encouraging regional workforce and economic development.
Donor Name: Oregon Community Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $100,00
All grant awards must significantly impact education, workforce, and/or economic development capacity in the Border Region. Priority will be given to programs and projects that:
- Enhance prosperity in the Border Region
- Improve the Border Region’s property tax base
- Improve the Border Region’s competitiveness with Idaho
- Increase workforce availability and skills in the Border Region
- Improve the image of Border Region
- Leverage the funds with a complement of outside funding.
Maximum grant is $100,000 per project.
Who Can Apply
An eligible applicant includes but is not limited to:
- Local governments;
- Institutions of higher education as defined in ORS 348.582;
- Private or nonprofit businesses with their principal places of business or the majority of their workforces located in the Region;
- Small business development centers established under ORS 285B.165 to 285B.171;
- Economic development organizations;
- School districts; and
- Private persons and public, private, and nonprofit entities promoting housing, workforce, or economic development within the Region.
Use of Funds
- Complete community improvement planning such as master plans, transportation, airports, parks.
- Match with local, state, federal planning funds, feasibility studies, preliminary engineering, and initial cost estimates.
For more information, visit OCF.