County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Program
Size of the Grant: $1,500 to $2,000
Upstart Alpha is a startup accelerator based at the University of Alaska Center for Economic Development (UA CED) in Anchorage. The program is designed for early-stage entrepreneurs, both for students at the University of Alaska and non-students. Upstart Alpha helps you take your existing business model or concept and quickly move it forward. Over the course of three months, you will develop your concept, business model, team, and market using a lean approach. You can apply as a team or an individual. If you are accepted into the program, you will receive a stipend of $1,500 to $2,000 to offset startup costs.
- Create a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation that bridges the university system with the Alaska economy.
- Grow the entrepreneurial mindset and help Alaskans explore innovative ideas and business models.
- Feed the startup ecosystem by preparing the earliest stage entrepreneurs and startups for growth.
- You will quickly build your business using a variety of tested startup tools.
- By completing all three phases, you can earn a cash stipend of $1,500 to $2,000 to work on YOUR business.
- You get access to a huge network of Alaska entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators.
- You meet advisors and mentors to help guide you along your way.
They are seeking a balanced cohort of University of Alaska students as well as community-based (non-student) entrepreneurs. they will be seeking a cohort that reflects the diversity in their community. The ideal applicant would meet one or all of the following criteria:
- You must be based in Alaska. They believe in building strong local entrepreneur ecosystems.
- You must be early stage. Pre-revenue? Great. Just an idea? No problem.
- They love students! But, it’s not a requirement and they welcome all.
- They welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds; supporting women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs of color is important to this program and their state’s economic future
For more information, visit Startup Accelerator.