The Google for Startups Founders Academy is a four-month, equity-free virtual program for pre-seed / seed stage startups across the US that is designed to help founders grow their revenues and obtain access to capital. Selected founders will participate in a series of cohort-based workshops and receive customized hands-on support across a wide range of topics including sales, product, strategy, and fundraising.
Donor Name: Google for Startups
Country: United States
State: All States
Type of Grant: Training or Mentorship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
Grant Duration: 4 Months
The Google for Startups Founders Academy: United States will begin in February and conclude in May. The cohort will consist of ~40 startups from across the United States.
- Equity-free Support: Four months of equity-free programming and community offerings
- Mentorship: Every participant is matched with a Googler
- Mental Health Therapy: Mental health and business coaches provided at no cost
- Investor in Residence: Dedicated investor office hours to help prepare you for your fundraiser
- Sales and Pitch Coaching: Refine your sales approach for partners and customers
- Access to Additional Workshops: Optional topics on Google products, UX/UI, and leadership
- The business must be a registered entity within the United States. Founders must have at least 4 hours a week to attend each weekly session for 4 months (February – May).
- Revenues have varied widely across past participating startups; many have entered the program pre-revenue and others were generating profit before starting. They expect most participants will generate less than $1M/year. With or without revenue, we will consider the business’ traction (users, growth metrics, industry, etc).
Format of the Program
- Founders Academy: United States runs for a period of four months with digital workshops, programming, and mentorship taking place each week. Selected founders will participate in a series of cohort-based workshops and receive customized hands-on support from Googlers, industry experts and across a wide range of topics including sales, strategy, hiring and fundraising.
For more information, visit Founders Academy.