The City of Oregon City will provide grants to non-profit formulated organizations as well as for-profit businesses that produce events that are open and accessible to the general public.
Donor Name: City of Oregon City
City: Oregon City
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Such events require the use of public rights-of-way and/or use of publicly owned facilities. City-Sponsored Public Events are designed to enhance the growth and development of the community’s tourism industry and help solidify its brand. City-Sponsored Public Events are well-organized and well-publicized events that attract a minimum of 1,000+ tourists from across the region.
The City-Sponsored Public Event Program is designed with the following objectives in mind:
- Maintains accountability to the taxpayers of the community;
- Benefits local businesses;
- Supports well managed, viable existing and new public events that may or may not take place on a recurring basis
- Ensures transparency in the award of grant funding.
- The program will provide up to 60% of eligible project costs, up to $12,000 max.
- Approved grant awards will be distributed upfront and are not on a reimbursement basis.
- Paid invoices and/or receipts are required to substantiate expenditures against eligible costs.
- Public event organizers that incur costs without presenting eligible paid invoices and/or receipts will be required to reimburse the City.
- Event organizers are accountable and responsible for presenting receipts and/or paid invoices that equal the grant award cited in the City-Sponsorship Agreement. If expenses are less than expected, organizers will reimburse the City for difference in the awarded amount
- The City reserves the right to hold back 10% of the grant award until all paid invoices and/or receipts are presented against eligible costs.
- If the event does not take place, the event organizers will be required to repay the grant award to the City within 10 days.
- Promotion/Marketing Costs
- Equipment Purchases
- Supply Purchases
To obtain City-sponsorship funding, it will be necessary for the public event organizer/producer (“the applicant”) to meet all applicable eligibility requirements:
- If a non-profit, the applicant’s status must be recognized by the US Internal Revenue Service as well as registered with the State of Oregon.
- If a for-profit business, the applicant must be registered with the State of Oregon and have a current business license with the City of Oregon City.
- Groups associated with political parties and/or organized to promote political messaging as well as religious groups organized to convey a religious message and are the primary organizers of a public event are not eligible to receive City municipal funding.
- All applicants must be in good legal standing with all local, state, and federal regulatory/reporting agencies and taxing authorities.
- City-sponsored Public Events are for activities that take place within the legal boundaries of Oregon City and use the public rights-of-ways and/or publicly owned facilities.
- City-sponsored public events are open to anyone and everyone that wants to attend or participate. They do not limit admittance or partnership to only a specified organization or group. (i.e., only engineers, Elks, veterans, physicians, scientists, school alumni, etc.).
- Nonprofits organizations, businesses, or individuals that are producing the public event must have commercial liability insurance. Liability Coverage: $1,000,000 for each occurrence and $2,000,000 for an aggregate occurrence, naming The City of Oregon City an additional insured.
- The applicant and its collaborators must not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or sexual orientation.
For more information, visit City of Oregon City.