The City of Monterey is accepting applications for its Special Event Support Program.
Donor Name: The City of Monterey
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
The City of Monterey recognizes the social and economic benefits that may result from special events. They can provide cultural enrichment, promote economic vitality, and enhance community identity. Special events may also provide funding opportunities for service organizations. Cooperation between the City, event organizers and sponsors, and the community, is vital to successful events.
The Special Event Grant Program is the first step in having your special event considered for funding by the City of Monterey. The City’s objective is to support events that directly or indirectly benefit the City of Monterey community by supporting its schools, cause-related or non-profit organizations; offering educational, cultural or arts experiences; or providing recreational or social activities.
The City’s SESP provides financial support to two categories of special events held in the City:
- Charitable: Events held by non-profit organizations qualified under 501(c)(3) or (c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code, including but not limited to a qualified educational institutions, that serve the City of Monterey community.
- Community: Applicant does not need to maintain non-profit status for consideration of grant funding for this category of events that are free, open to the public, call attention to, promote and/or provide recreational, cultural, and/or social benefits to Monterey residents.
There’s a total of $100,000 to distribute through this program to qualified applicants.
July 1, 2024 through June 30, 2025.
To be eligible to receive City of Monterey support, applicants must:
- Submit an application by the deadline stated, in the format required, and are 100% complete. Applications that are late, incomplete, or do not fully comply with the instructions will be disqualified and will not be considered.
- Applicants that received grant funding in any prior years funding cycle must have complied with all reporting requirements to be considered for any future grants.
- Include a copy of the complete event budget with an explanation of projected income and expenses.
- Include proposed promotion/marketing plan and performance measures.
- Include non-profit tax ID number if event is organized by a non-profit.
- Demonstrate that the special event must take place within the City of Monterey.
- Demonstrate that the event is scheduled to take place between the Fiscal Year granting period (July 1 through June 30) and the date(s), time(s) and location within the City have been determined.
- The event is not financially dependent upon receiving City of Monterey support.
- The applicant has no outstanding debt due to the City of Monterey at the time of the application period.
- The event is accessible to the community/public, but need not be free of charge.
- Participation in the organization requesting funding not be predicated on a person’s race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, disability or medical condition.
- Agree to sign a grant agreement if funding is awarded. All grant agreements will include measurable objectives and performance measures for evaluating the event’s marketing and economic impact, and the City’s right to audit records that evidence such performance measures. The grant agreement requires event organizers to submit a post-event report within 60 days of their event indicating how the event met, or did not meet, the agreed upon performance measures. All grant agreements will include measurable objectives and performance measures for evaluating the event’s marketing and economic impact, and the City’s right to audit records that evidence such performance measures.
For more information, visit City of Monterey.