Artadia is now accepting applications for the 2024 Chicago Awards from all visual artists who have lived and worked within Cook County for a minimum of two years.
Donor Name: Artadia
County: Cook County (IL)
Type of Grant: Awards and Prizes
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Individual artists and collaboratives working in all visual media and at any stage in their career are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the 2024 Chicago Awards, one Award will be dedicated to an artist whose primary practice / medium is in performance / performing arts.
The jurors will designate three artists to receive awards of $15,000 each in unrestricted funds.
To be eligible to apply for the 2024 Chicago Artadia Awards, artists must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a contemporary visual artist (making artwork for presentation in a contemporary art context: museum, galleries, arts non-profit, the public art realm, etc. Please note that Artadia does not fund filmmakers making films for distribution in cinematic venues, or those working in choreography presented outside of a contemporary art context).
- Live and work within Cook County.
- Have resided in Cook County for a minimum of two years.
- Not currently be enrolled in an art-related degree program, nor be planning to attend an art-related degree program in the coming year.
- Not be related to Artadia staff or directors in any way.
- Have never received an award from Artadia or from The Art Council (Artadia’s former name). Please note that former finalists are eligible to apply.
- Unless applying as a collaborative, you must be the sole conceptual author of the artwork submitted in the application; if there are collaborators that share authorship of the submitted work they must be clearly identified and credited.
For more information, visit Artadia.