The Initiative Foundation makes grants through its Innovation Fund for projects and programs that advance their mission to empower people across Central Minnesota to build a thriving economy, vibrant communities and a lasting culture of generosity.
Donor Name: Initiative Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 11/04/2022
Grant Size: $5,000
Innovation Fund grants primarily support start-up or capacity-building projects across the 14 counties of Central Minnesota.
Proposals that focus on at least one of the following areas will be given priority consideration:
- General operating support for nonprofits addressing the urgent needs of vulnerable populations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cost share for projects intended to create behavioral change associated with combating racism, and advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Advancement of strategies to address workforce shortages and/or re-training by those displaced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support for nonprofits engaged in business planning, fund development, training or other capacity building initiatives that advance economic security for those they serve.
- Support for local and regional community and economic development entities advancing early-stage feasibility or pilot projects.
Innovation Fund grants seldom exceed $5,000.
Grant applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofits, school districts, or local units of government that serve the people and communities in Benton, Cass, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and/or Wright counties, and the sovereign tribal nations of the Leech Lake and Mille Lacs Bands of Ojibwe.
For more information, visit Initiative Foundation.