The Social Services grant opportunity is open to nonprofits who provide emergency financial assistance for North Texas residents through established financial assistance programs.
Donor Name: Communities Foundation of Texas
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 10/07/2022
Grant Size: $10,000 – $20,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
The Social Services grantmaking will prioritize organizations that:
- have an organizational budget under $5 million (excluding in-kind contributions)
- improve access and outcomes for communities who have been marginalized or experienced discrimination
- support and build and upon the existing assets of the community
- clearly identify and define an eligible financial assistance program
- demonstrate and promote collaboration across other organizations
- use data, best practices, or proof-points of success to create measurable impact
- have taken steps to address equity and inclusion in their leadership structure
- have not received a grant from CFT in the past 12 months
Examples of financial assistance that CFT will consider for possible funding include:
- gap funding for childcare
- rental and mortgage relief
- emergency financial support for basic needs like utilities, transportation, and medical-related costs
They anticipate funding about 20 nonprofits with a one-year grant ranging from $10,000 – $20,000. Funding should be expended within 12 months of receiving a grant.
Eligible organizations must have:
- a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the IRS that has been active for at least two years as of September 1, 2022
- at least 50% of the population served must reside in one of 22 North Texas counties
- an established track record of providing financial assistance
Who is NOT Eligible to Apply?
- for-profit businesses
- non-US based organizations
- church and religious organizations’ programs that are focused on evangelism
For more information, visit Communities Foundation of Texas.