Create Council on the Arts is accepting applications for its Arts Education Grant Program.
Donor Name: CREATE Council on the Arts
State: New York
County: Columbia County (NY), Greene County (NY), and Schoharie County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $450- $3,000
The Grant Program aims to encourage In-School, After School, and Community Based Learning for Youth and Elders.
Awards range from $450- $3,000.
- The applicant of record for this program must be an individual teaching artist, collective, or a nonprofit organization.
- Schools may not directly apply for funding.
- Minimum of THREE sequential, skill-based learning sessions incorporating one or more art forms, with the same core group of students/participants (this applies to ALL categories of Arts Education funding) that occur within the county.
- Hands-on, participatory creation and/or learning.
- Stated learning goals, methodologies and outcomes.
- A means of programmatic evaluation.
- In-depth, age and skills appropriate learning opportunities.
- Funds should primarily be directed toward artist fees, but may include administrative support, cost of materials, and support for participant scholarships.
- Consumable materials and expendable equipment cannot exceed $1000 of the budget. (Materials, expendable equipment, technology expenses, preparation/planning and training).
- General Criteria – Quality of expertise and appropriateness of artists; desired participant outcomes; thoroughness of proposed budget.
- In School Additional Criteria – Degree to which the project will support New York State Learning Standards and enhance learning in the arts; Project takes place during regular school hours; Clarity, appropriateness, and feasibility of evaluation plans; clarity and appropriateness of educational and artistic goals; degree to which teachers will participate in project planning and implementation; project does not appear to replace the role of a certified K-12 School Teacher.
For more information, visit CREATE.