Impact Polk is an annual competitive grant program of GiveWell Community Foundation (GWCF) with the goal of addressing community needs throughout Polk County.
Donor Name: GiveWell Community Foundation
County: Polk County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $20,000
Impact Polk is an annual competitive, donor-directed grant program of the GiveWell Community Foundation with the goal of addressing community needs throughout Polk County. Impact Polk grants often support a broad range of needs, such as arts and culture, education, health, and human services.
- Health & Human Services
- Improve community-based health and wellness;
- Address basic human needs, such as food, housing, and related services;
- Improve the quality of life, safety and self-sufficiency of at-risk populations.
- Educational Opportunities & Achievement
- Promote social, emotional and cognitive development of young children, including programs that support and educate parents and efforts that engage volunteers;
- Expand academic support, mentoring and recreational programs for children and youth, particularly to close the achievement gap;
- Broaden workplace, career and postsecondary experiences and opportunities for youth;
- Improve adult literacy, skill development, education and workforce training.
- Arts & Cultural
- Strengthen and stabilize arts and cultural nonprofits, and support collaborative efforts;
- Cultivate and support appreciation of diverse cultures and art forms;
- Deepen community-based arts education for children and adults;
- Encourage audience development, particularly to reach underserved populations.
- Community, Environmental Stewardship and/or Animal Welfare
- Support stewardship and appreciation/protection of Polk County’s outdoor spaces and scenic beauty;
- Address social, economic and environmental challenges or opportunities;
- Preserve places essential to communities’ civic and historic identities.
- Benefit wellbeing of their animal community
Maximum grant request is $20,000. Funding is NOT guaranteed. Previous funding does not guarantee continued funding. One application per organization.
All interested organizations must meet the following general requirements:
- Your Impact Polk project must provide services within Polk County. 100 percent of program participants must reside in, or receive services in, Polk County zip codes.
- Applicant MUST be a 501(c)(3) public charity as recognized by the IRS. Eligibility will be verified.
- Must provide a list of current Board Members and demonstrate strong board support and sound governance.
- Must provide total revenue and total expenses for your current fiscal year.
- Must provide previous year’s IRS Form 990 or most recent audited financial statements.
- Must prepare and submit a preliminary budget (Project Budget Form).
- Project must meet organization’s mission. They will not fund expanded services that do not meet the mission.
- Project must NOT begin prior to March 2023 and must be completed within one year of funds being awarded.
For more information, visit GiveWell Community Foundation.