The Missouri Foundation for Health (MFH) invites organizations to submit concept papers for systems change projects that will positively impact the health of Missourians.
Donor Name: Missouri Foundation for Health (MFH)
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
They are interested in ideas that explore or implement community-driven ways to challenge and disrupt these systems that allow and perpetuate inequities in health status and outcomes for individuals, families, and communities.
Based on their experience with Opportunity Fund, successful projects often include one or more of the following elements:
- Strategic: Develops internal or sector-wide planning and preparation effort focused on systems change
- Far-reaching: Creates or builds on existing collaborative networks and has implications beyond a single
- Community-led: Generates solutions that engage those negatively impacted by the given system
- Connected: Fits within the broader landscape of what the field is doing to address the systems-level issue
- Responsive: Addresses an issue that has recently surfaced in the environment with a systems approach
- Innovative: Tests unconventional approaches to disrupt systems
MFH uses three funding mechanisms to implement their strategy and accomplish its mission:
- Grants, primarily benefit the grantee by furthering their own exempt purposes and programs. The majority of the target population served must be located within the MFH service area and applicants must be registered to conduct business and in good standing with the state of Missouri. The following types of organizations are eligible to seek grant funding from MFH:
- Organizations granted tax-exempt status under provisions of Sections 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- State or local government agencies, including educational institutions, and branches of the federal government serving Missouri
- Contracted services, primarily benefit MFH’s grantees or strategy directly. Common examples of contracts for services involve hiring consultants to provide technical assistance to grantees or evaluation of an MFH programmatic strategy. Individuals, nonprofit organizations, and corporations are eligible to apply to a Request for Contracted Service Proposals.
- Program-Related Investments consist primarily of low-interest rate loans to seed the formation or growth of an organization or program which demonstrates mission and values alignment with MFH. Nonprofit organizations, corporations as well as coalitions, and collaboratives are eligible to apply for consideration.
For more information, visit Opportunity Fund.