The Gheens Foundation awards grants to improve the quality of life for the residents of metropolitan Louisville and Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes in Louisiana – and to meet present and emerging needs of those communities.
Donor Name: The Gheens Foundation
State: Louisiana, Kentucky and Indiana
County/Parish: Selected Counties, Lafourche Parish (LA), and Terrebonne Parish (LA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Applications are considered for worthy causes of all kinds. Public education and social services will receive emphasis. By policy, They do not fund:
- Private schools, unless the student population represents 100% under-resourced families or students with learning differences
- Churches, synagogues, mosques and similar places of worship
- Scholarships or individuals
- Hospitals or medical research.
- 501(c)(3) requirement: Organizations must be in active standing with the IRS and a verified tax number is required to access the application process. Public school districts and governmental entities should contact the Foundation office to obtain access to the portal.
- To be eligible for a grant, the organization’s revenues per the Form 990 must have exceeded (a) $50,000 for its most recent fiscal year, or (b) an average of $50,000 for the past three consecutive years.
For more information, visit TGF.