The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Fund is to help families and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive
Donor Name: The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
County: Arlington County (VA), Fairfax County (VA), Loudoun County (VA), Prince William County (VA)
City: Selected Cities
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: 2 Years
The Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Fund is a component fund of The Permanent Fund for Northern Virginia, an unrestricted endowment at the Community Foundation that makes grants to help build a community that works for everyone.
According to the National Institute of Health, IDDs are differences that are usually present at birth and that uniquely affect the trajectory of the individual’s physical, intellectual, and/or emotional development. Many of these conditions affect multiple body parts or systems.
To help those in the region with a disability gain meaningful employment, the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia makes grants with a focus toward supporting families and individuals with IDDs through the Community Investment Funds grant cycle.
The 2024 grant will be awarded by May 1, 2024 and should be utilized by June 30, 2025.
This Fund awards grants to organizations or programs that support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For 2024, the Community Foundation will consider grant applications from organizations providing job training for individuals with disabilities that meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- This year, grant requests will only be considered for general organizational support. Applications for capital improvements, endowments, or scholarship awards will not be considered.
- Grants will be made to organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William counties, plus the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church and Manassas/Manassas Park).
- The Community Foundation intends to make one grant of $15,000.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
For more information, visit CFNOVA.