The Richland County Conservation Commission provides a Natural Resource grant program for neighborhood groups, organizations, and agencies to protect natural resources, improve water quality, and enhance active living through trails.
Donor Name: Richland County Conservation Commission
State: South Carolina
County: Richland County (SC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Innovative solutions such as low impact development or green infrastructure activities are eligible as are educational programs that promote conservation and environmental awareness in Richland County.
The purpose of the grant program is to assist community groups and governmental agencies to:
- protect or improve water quality and natural areas;
- build or enhance trails and develop plans for greenways;
- plan and implement green infrastructure practices;
- develop and implement environmental education programs.
Grants are available up to $20,000 and require a 20% in-kind and cash match.
Eligible activities include
- Build or enhance trails
- Design greenway segments
- Develop and implement environmental education programs
- Protect or improve water quality
- Plan and implement green infrastructure practices
- Restore and protect natural resource corridors
- Community and neighborhood organizations
- Governmental agencies
- Educational institutions
- Non-profit organizations
- Commercial entities
For more information, visit Richland County Conservation Commission.