The Opportunities for Children grant provides enrichment opportunities for children who may not otherwise be able to participate.
Donor Name: Oklahoma City Community Foundation
County: Canadian County (OK), Cleveland County (OK), Oklahoma County (OK)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Populations of Focus
ALL proposed projects must be designed to address the specialized needs of one or more of the populations of focus listed below.
- Children ages 0-5- School readiness programs or services. Examples: early education programs or early literacy programs.
- Children ages 0-14 in Foster Care- Programs and services that support children living in foster care. Examples: mentoring, resource centers providing for basic needs, and recreational, social, or cultural experiences.
- Children ages 0-14 with limited access to recreational, social, and/or cultural activities- Programs and services that provide specialized opportunities for children with intellectual and/or developmental delays, behavioral health issues, chronic health conditions, and/or trauma.
- Grant Conditions
- Grants for year-round projects may be awarded up to a maximum of $40,000 and will require a full application.
- Grants for summer or short-term projects and camps may be awarded up to a maximum of $5,000 and will require an abbreviated application
- To reach additional nonprofit organizations and populations and due to the limited amount of funding available, organizations that have received Opportunities for Children funding in two of the past three years (2021-2023) are not eligible to apply for a 2024 Opportunities for Children grant.
- Projects may be new, continuing, or existing.
- Organizations may not submit a Letter of Intent or application for more than one project during a single grant cycle.
Oklahoma, Cleveland, and Canadian Counties
- The applicant organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- The applicant organization must be able to provide at least three years of financial statements
- Programs must serve children ages 0-14 who reside in Oklahoma, Canadian, or Cleveland counties, and activities must occur in person
- Programs must provide direct services in central Oklahoma
- Organizations must have a governing board located in central Oklahoma
- Grants will not be made to individuals or private foundations
- Applicant organizations are encouraged to demonstrate project funding from additional sources so that OCCF would not be the sole funder of the project
For more information, visit OCCF.