The Senior Volunteerism Grant provides financial assistance to increase number of volunteers in non-profit organizations that provide senior centered services in Oakland County.
Donor Name: Oakland County
County: Oakland County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The aim of the funding is to help organizations that rely on older adult volunteers expand their programming, as these programs have been slow to recover following the COVID-19 health crisis.
Grant Opportunity to Non-profit Organizations that Provide Senior Centered Services in Oakland County to Improve Their Evidence-based Volunteer Management Practices.
The maximum grant amount is up to $10,000.
This grant opportunity is for non-profit organizations that provide senior centered services in Oakland County to improve their evidence-based volunteer management practices and can be used for:
- Backgrounds checks screening
- Outreach plan to increase number of volunteers
- Volunteer training.
- Projects must be eligible under the United States Treasury guidelines for American Rescue Plan Local Rescue Recovery funding.
- Must be a non-profit that provides senior-centered services such as food delivery, transportation, and home repairs or has an existing senior volunteer program and is not a recipient of any Oakland County ARPA funds in the past.
- Must describe how the proposal in your application for funding to the Senior Centers Grant Program will be used to make long-term improvements for the senior citizens in your community.
- Must describe the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and how that impacted your plans under this grant.
- Must include an implementation plan and timeline for grant funding.
- Grant funding categories include background check screening for volunteers, outreach planning to increase the number of volunteers, and volunteer training.
- In accordance with the ARPA reporting required of the county, grantees shall submit quarterly reporting to Oakland County on the use of the grant funds. A template will be provided to grantees.
- Grantees shall submit a final report by the end of the agreement or within 30 days after Project completion, whichever date is sooner, on the grant funds including:
- Project completion report.
- Full accounting of its expenditure of grant funds.
- Certification of its use of grant funds and fulfillment of the terms of the Agreement.
- Funds received from this grant must be used by December 31, 2026.
For more information, visit Oakland County.