The Rhode Island Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Newport County Fund Grants.
Donor Name: Rhode Island Foundation
State: Rhode Island
County: Newport County (RI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Grants are awarded where a relatively small amount of money can be of strategic assistance to eligible organizations.
Program Focus and Priorities
The following are among areas where grants may be awarded:
- Project development support for new programs
- Strengthening and/or expanding established community programs and services
- Community or municipal planning and/or leadership
- Policy or advocacy efforts on behalf of community concerns
Grants from the Newport County Fund range from $1,000 to $10,000.
- Nonprofit, 501(c) organizations and municipal departments located and operating in Newport County are eligible to apply. Organizations that provide services or programs in Newport County also are eligible.
- The Newport County Fund does not fund individuals or scholarships, performances, capital or endowment efforts, medical research, debt reduction, fundraising events, or campaigns to elect candidates to public office. Grants may support faith-based organizations for secular programs or projects.
- As a Foundation-established fund with geographic focus, the Newport County Fund awards grants that serve to supplement, not replace, the Foundation’s current statewide grant making programs. Grant support from the Newport County Fund will not reduce eligibility to apply to The Rhode Island Foundation for other grant support.
- Grants are awarded annually, on a year-to-year basis. Successful projects may reapply for additional funding, but the Newport County Fund does not make multi-year commitments.
For more information, visit Rhode Island Foundation.