The National Park Service is soliciting applications for its Land and Water Conservation Fund State Assistance + Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration Partnership Challenge Program.
Donor Name: National Park Service
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: More than $1 million
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) State and Local Assistance (SLA) Program provides grants to the States, and through them to local units of government and federally recognized Indian tribes, for projects that will provide outdoor recreation opportunities to the public. This is accomplished through the acquisition of lands and waters for parks and other outdoor recreation areas, as well as through the development of new, or the renovation of existing, outdoor recreation facilities.
The Department of Defense (DOD) Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration (REPI) Program protects the Nation’s military readiness, enhances relationships with communities, preserves the environment, and improves military installation and community resilience to climate change.
Funding Opportunity Goals Goals include:
- Meeting a priority outdoor recreation need or goal as identified in the respective State SCORP as well as that of the community, and that will provide compatible land use within the REPI Partnership Opportunity Area.
- Creating or expanding public outdoor recreational opportunities for the general public, including for residents and military families associated with the military installation within the REPI Partnership Opportunity Area.
- Promoting compatible land uses for military installations within REPI Partnership Opportunity Areas, particularly land uses related to compatible recreation development, advancing conservation or climate resilience only if also offering compatible public access.
- Estimated Total Funding: $40,000,000
- Maximum Award: $5,000,000
- Minimum Award: $250,000
For more information, visit Grants.gov.