The Local Foundation of Washington is seeking applications for its Race Equity Grant Program.
Donor Name: Local Foundation of Washington
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: 2 Years
LFW believes that creating fair access to civil justice requires undoing systemic racial oppression.
The Race Equity Grants provide multiyear funding to advance racial justice in civil legal aid and build power in communities most impacted by structural racism and oppression. They use a participatory grantmaking model designed to center the voices of communities most impacted by grantmaking decisions. An advisory panel of community leaders who have lived experience with the legal aid system, poverty, and racism review grant applications and prioritize the projects that will be most impactful.
The goals of the Race Equity Grant Fund are to:
- invest in communities most impacted by structural racism and oppression;
- support community- and client-centered approaches to civil legal aid;
- increase civil justice for communities of color;
- build and support anti-racist organizations and leadership; and
- center those most impacted in the decision making process.
- Twenty $50,000 grants will be awarded in 2024.
- Two year term from July 1, 2024 to June 30, 2026.
Civil legal aid providers or organizations in partnership with civil legal aid providers are eligible to apply. Grant proposals can be for new or existing projects, including operational expenses, and must be focused on civil legal aid work in Washington state. Eligible civil justice projects include direct civil legal aid services, systemic advocacy, policy reform, and tribal issues.
For more information, visit LFW.