The Humanities Kansas is seeking applications for its Culture Preservation grants to support projects that preserve and create access to historical or cultural resources that document stories of life in Kansas.
Donor Name: Humanities Kansas
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Types of Projects
Oral histories, digitization efforts, transcription, collections care, language preservation, hands-on training, and other creative preservation projects are eligible. Using the knowledge of a project consultant and implementing best practices are key to a successful application. The Culture Preservation grants program is a partnership between Humanities Kansas and the Kansas Historical Society.
- Preserve stories that document the human experience
- Increase public access to their shared cultural heritage
- Enhance organizational capacity through the use of a Project Consultant
Grants are competitive with a maximum award amount of $3,500.
- In-state nonprofit organizations are eligible, except colleges and universities
- 501(c)(3) status is not required
- A Unique Entity ID (SAM) from SAM.gov for sub-awardees is required. This 12-digit alphanumeric ID is used to track federal funding. (You do not need a full SAM.gov registration for HK grants. Only the UEID number is required.)
NOTE: Organizations with an open HK grant from a previous cycle are ineligible until the earlier grant project is finalized and closed.
For more information, visit Humanities Kansas.