Applicants are invited to apply for the Growth Fund.
Donor Name: Groundswell Capital
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Starting and sustaining a successful small business is no small feat. For those poised to scale their enterprise, the Groundswell Growth Fund presents opportunities with awards of up to $10,000. This grant funding is versatile, applicable for equipment, technology, expansion, or any other means necessary to foster business growth and good jobs in Tucson.
Uses of funds
Example of Eligible Use of Funds (include but not limited to):
- Software & equipment upgrades
- Facade Improvements
- Expansion efforts
- Internship programs
The most flexible grant, the Groundswell Growth Fund is designed to provide mature companies (5+ years of revenue) with the opportunity to invest in taking their business to the next level. Preference will be given to companies who have a strong track record of high-quality job creation in Tucson and have high growth potential. Your narrative section on the impact of the dollars should include a discussion of the growth opportunity of your company in Tucson and why awarding your business will support your vision for high-quality job growth and robust revenue returns.
In order to be eligible to submit for any of the Changemaker Grants you must:
- Be a for-profit business based within the City of Tucson (including the City of South Tucson)
- Have 50 or fewer employees
- Be registered to do business in the State of Arizona unless the business is a sole proprietorship (or will be registered prior to disbursement of funds)
- Be registered as a DBA if the sole proprietorship does business under a name other than the owner’s
- Be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation
- Not be facing any pending litigation or legal action
- Not have any business owners, including all managing members and/or officers, who have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years
- Not have received alternate federal, state, or local grant funding to cover the same costs and/or uses included in this application
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds
For more information, visit Groundswell Capital.