The Cabarrus Arts Council is accepting applications for its Grassroots Grants for Project Assistance.
Donor Name: Cabarrus Arts Council
State: North Carolina
County: Cabarrus County (NC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Cabarrus Arts Council allocates thousands of dollars annually to support arts organizations and cultural programs across Cabarrus County. Funding for these grants comes from the North Carolina Arts Council Grassroots Arts funding and additional foundation grants from the Mariam & Robert Hayes Charitable Trust.
Non-arts non-profit organizations may apply for Project Assistance Grants. The purpose of this grant is to support programs of artistic merit that have community or statewide impact. Project Assistance Grants support exemplary forms of artistic expression in a variety of artistic disciplines.
Funded projects should be completed between January 1, 2024 and June 30, 2024.
Organizations that meet the eligibility requirements may apply for Project Assistance Grants, however eligibility does not guarantee funding.
An eligible organization:
- Has tax-exempt status
- Is not an educational institution
- Is not a religious institution
- Project Assistance Grants may not be used to fund history programs.
- Project Assistance Grants may support artistic expenses directly related to the proposed project.
- Allowable fees may include artist fees, marketing, promotion, travel, contractual fees, rental or purchase of equipment and other project-related costs.
- Organizations may apply for only one arts council grant per cycle.
- To ensure that Grassroots arts programs reflect the racial and ethnic diversity of the county, Cabarrus Arts Council is required to spend a percentage of its annual county allotment on programming that reflects African American, Asian American, Latino and Native American cultures. They encourage organizations led by these communities to apply for your arts programming. Further, Project Assistance may be used by organizations to hire artists or ensembles of color to conduct arts programs.
- Project Assistance Grants fund project costs and may NOT be used for:
For more information, visit CAC.