The Animal Field-of-Interest Fund supports the protection, direct care and humane treatment of animals for low-income families in Kalamazoo County.
Donor Name: Kalamazoo Community Foundation (KZCF)
County: Kalamazoo County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Animal FOI Funds are comprised of three separate funds: John B. and Shirley M. Myers Fund for Animals, Lowell and Nellie Freeman Fund for Protection and Humane Treatment of Animals, and Marian C. Clark Animal Welfare Fund. The funds were established to address:
- Protection, humane care and treatment of animals
- Training for therapy companions for individuals with disabilities
- Provide food for companion pets of seniors
- Temporary housing and shelter for companion pets of residents in domestic assault shelter programs
- Spay/neuter sterilization
- Veterinarian costs associated with direct care of dogs and cats
Annually, Kalamazoo Community Foundation requests proposals that support animal programs and projects in Kalamazoo County. Requests that support low-income individuals and neighborhoods will be prioritized. The Animal FOI Funds excludes support for administrative costs.
501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply.
For more information, visit KZCF.