The City of Tacoma has announced the Sustainability Small Grant Program to help protect and restore the environment.
Donor Name: City of Tacoma
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Applications that also benefit local economy, support social equity, and address the causes or impacts of climate change will be given extra consideration. Projects that help educate residents and/or businesses on the environment and sustainable practices are encouraged to apply. Collaboration with other groups, organizations, and agencies is not required but is highly encouraged. First time applicants may also be given preference.
Maximum awards of up to $5,000.
- Have an environmental sustainability focus.
- Demonstrate project readiness with a clearly defined scope, schedule, and budget
- Include a minimum of 10% matching contributions from the applicant or fiscal sponsor organization (includes inkind services, funds from your organization, or any other grants, sponsors, donations, or volunteer time)
- Be located within and/or take place within Tacoma city limits
- If not affiliated with a registered 501 (c)(3), accept tax reporting impacts associated with receiving grant funding, or partner with a registered non-profit who will accept funding on behalf of the applicant
- Not charge the public for services, materials, or goods funded by the Sustainability Small Grant
- Submit a Final Report and invoice within 60 calendar days of project completion date
- Have written permission from the property owner if located on private land
- Meet Green Event certification criteria, as defined by the City’s Green Events program (if applicable; applying for official Green Event certification is encouraged, but not required)
- Meet all permit requirements and public agency permissions (if applicable)
For more information, visit City of Tacoma.