The City of Pasadena is accepting applications for its 2024-2025 Festival and Parade Grant Program.
Donor Name: City of Pasadena
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
For the purpose of this grant program, a “festival” or “parade” is a publicly oriented thematic event with a defined cultural or artistic focus, comprised of multiple arts genres/cultural activities – or – multiple offerings focusing on one artistic genre or cultural activity, that include elements of community involvement. For example, music festivals, dance festivals, fairs, parades and cultural celebrations would all be eligible. It is produced by a non-profit or consortium of non-profit organizations. It takes place within the boundaries of Pasadena at one site or in one geographic area for one or more consecutive days, and features but is not limited to music, theatre, visual art, dance or film. Specific art /cultural “elements” of a larger event are also eligible. Simple outdoor or housed “exhibitions” without community involvement would not qualify.
A non-profit arts and culture organization or non-profit social service organization (including but not limited to a chamber of commerce, social service agency, homeowners association or business district) in partnership with an arts and culture organization is eligible to apply for the production of an arts/cultural festival, fair or parade.
Festival and Parade Program grants will generally support marketing costs and artists fees in order to foster accessibility, cultural diversity, and geographic equity. This grant is available only to events which take place within the Pasadena city limits.
Maximum grant request is $10,000.
Project or program must take place between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025.
The Annual Grants Program provides support for the following types of Festivals and Parades:
- A public event or element of an event with a defined cultural or artistic purpose
- An arts/culture festival or parade held in publicly accessible space and free, or of reasonable cost.
- A collaboration between one or more Pasadena non-profit art/culture organizations and any other non-profit organization (including, but not limited to, a chamber of commerce, social service agency, homeowners association or business district). In this case either partner may take the lead on the application as long as a nonprofit partnership exists.
- A Pasadena social service organization may apply but only in partnership with a Pasadena arts/culture organization.
- An arts/culture event as stated above produced in Pasadena by a non-profit arts/culture organization not based in Pasadena but providing an event otherwise not produced by a local producer.
For more information, visit City of Pasadena.