The City of Alexandria Arts Grants are designed to encourage artistic excellence by assisting artists and organizations in providing opportunities for Alexandria’s residents and visitors to engage and experience quality arts programs throughout the city.
Donor Name: City of Alexandria
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Arts Program Grants support ongoing or short-term arts programs that engage and benefit the residents of the City of Alexandria.
The Arts Program Grant has the following goals:
- To strengthen Alexandria’s creative capacity by providing its residents with diverse opportunities to meaningfully engage with the arts.
- To improve the capacity and stability of Alexandria-based organizations to create, perform, and present works of artistic excellence and innovation through organizational support and program funding; and
- To create a vibrant urban environment by supporting diverse individual artists, organizations, and other entities in the creation, performance, and presentation of highquality works of art across the City of Alexandria.
Arts Program Grants are available for up to $12,500.
- Applicants must be a non-profit organization who has been in existence for 1 full year before applying.
- Pass-through grants are not allowed.
- Programs must take place between July 1 – June 30 of each fiscal year.
- Programs must take place within Alexandria’s city limits (does not include Fairfax County).
- The applicant has not been in default of payment to any agency of the City of Alexandria.
- Proposed budget provides the required cash match.
- Funding from the City of Alexandria such as, but limited to, the Marketing Fund, the Alexandria City Public Schools and from other Departments, cannot be used for the cash match.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- City agencies, employees, or volunteers (defined as any agency under the direct control of an elected official, or which reports directly to the City Manager, may not apply for an Arts Grant; they may only play a supportive role in a program proposed by an organization or group.
- Colleges, universities, religious organizations, and libraries may not receive grants for arts.
For more information, visit City of Alexandria.