Capacity Building mini-grants provide funds to nonprofits to assist with organizational and financial stability, improved governance, and growth — allowing them to carry out their missions more effectively.
Donor Name: Central Carolina Community Foundation
State: South Carolina
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Applicants may request up to $5,000.
Examples of Eligible Projects
- Strategic planning
- CEO/executive succession planning
- Board development
- Strategic collaboration or mergers
- Disaster planning
- Facilities/Maintenance planning
- Technology planning
- Governance, policies and procedures
- Inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) efforts
- Evaluation and data organization efforts
- Benefits and compensation assessment and planning
- Organizations must be determined a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must have a physical location in one of the following 11 counties in the Midlands: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda or Sumter. Organizations led by or primarily serving underrepresented populations, or those located outside Richland County are strongly encouraged to apply.
Examples of Non-Eligible Activities
- Routine operating expenses of the organization, including staffing costs
- Direct service program implementation-This project should benefit the organization, not your service population
- Direct marketing cost/and or materials
- Data migration and other operational cost for a donor or client database
- Fundraising projects—including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Individual conference registration
- Costs associated with the creation of a new nonprofit organization
- Completed projects or proposals that have begun implementation
- Grants to individuals
- Certifications or tuition fees
For more information, visit CCCF.