The American Water Charitable Foundation is seeking applications for its 2024 Water and Environment Grant Program.
Donor Name: American Water Charitable Foundation
State: Selected States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
- improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies
- promote water conservation
- improve equitable access to water-based recreation in underserved communities.
Environmental projects that seek to educate, inform and advance environmental issues to preserve and protect natural resources.
- Applicant must be classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or K-12 public school, college or university. Organization must either operate within, or directly benefit, an American Water service territory.
- While American Water values its business relationships and takes tremendous pride in serving the communities, the IRS prohibits private foundations from advancing the business interests and/or business ventures of the company. Any grant that could be viewed as attempting to influence the outcome of a business proposal, for example, will be declined to avoid self-dealing practices.
- The IRS prohibits private foundations from paying for the recruitment expenses and/or training that American Water would otherwise have to pay. Job skills or training programs to maintain or gain employment with American Water would be considered a self-dealing practice. Any grant that could be viewed as a recruitment tool or inducement for employment will be declined.
- An organization’s eligibility for a grant is subject to the final discretion of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. The Foundation reserves the right to decline a grant request under any of its programs to any organization for any reason or no reason at all.
For more information, visit AMCF.