The Delaware County Economic Development is excited to announce the 2024 Tourism Business Support Grant Program.
Donor Name: Delaware County Economic Development
State: New York
County: Delaware County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Occupancy Tax was enacted into law by the Board of Supervisors for the purpose of creating a dedicated funding stream to promote and develop the tourism industry within Delaware County, thereby stimulating economic growth. Funds raised through the occupancy tax will be utilized to support the implementation of programs designed to promote and increase tourism in Delaware County, as well as projects relating to capital and infrastructure investments that further support the development of this industry.
- Code Compliance Assistance
- Maximum funding – $1,000
- Projects that help support full time lodging facilities to meet all necessary code requirements, i.e. Building safety, fire codes, water supply, sewage collection and treatment, etc.
- Business Cooperative Promotion/Marketing
- Maximum funding – $2,500
- Projects that support tourism related businesses that partner on marketing initiatives and/or promotions targeted to non-county visitors. Examples of eligible projects to include joint promotions between dining and lodging establishments, special events or festivals, cultural events. Eligible businesses to include lodging, attractions, events, venues, restaurants, and entertainment. Must be two or more businesses or non-profit entities to qualify.
- Events must be open to the general public.
- Lodging Business Capital Improvement
- Maximum funding – $10,000
- Projects that improve/upgrade lodging facilities and enhance visitor experience – priority being given to projects that add new rooms. The primary function of the property must be as a lodging facility, not residence or other business. Must be an existing lodging facility, registered for the occupancy tax, current on fire inspections, properly insured, meet any other requirements of a lodging facility and be classified as commercial property. Copies of these documents will be required.
- Applications submitted to the Tourism Advisory Board clearly demonstrate how the project will result in an increase in the number of visitors, visitor frequency and/or visitor spending in Delaware County.
- Applicants shall clearly define the project and planned outcome. Applicants will be required to demonstrate a minimum of 1:1 match, as well as the applicant’s organizational and financial capacity for completing the project. Personal labor of the applicant is not an eligible project cost and may not be used as a match to the grant.
For more information, visit DCED.