The Solar Technical Assistance Program (the “Program”) provides technical assistance to state and local government public entities for solar site surveys and to conduct preliminary development of solar projects.
Donor Name: Maryland Energy Administration (MEA)
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $100,000 to $500,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
Types of Program
MEA provides technical assistance via the Maryland Environmental Service, free of charge, to the public entity. It is a Non-competitive (firstcome, first-served) program.
MEA anticipates providing up to $400,000 of technical assistance through the Maryland Environmental Service and its Technical Assistance provider(s).
This Program provides the services listed under the “List of Services Available”. With rare exceptions, the Program does not provide technical assistance for the Request for Proposal (RFP) development, detailed design and construction of a specific project. The technical assistance is designed to:
- Conduct solar site assessments on government owned or controlled buildings and previously disturbed land,
- Where resiliency is needed, provide limited technical assistance to help determine the sizing and rough design of a microgrid system,
- Provide detailed technical support for a limited set of specific engineering problems,
- Provide a limited set of data analytic services,
- Provide free technical assistance for solar project reviews, or in certain circumstances, owner representative services
This Program is limited to state and local government entities (Counties/Cities/Municipalities), public universities, community colleges, and public schools, for projects that will be located on existing infrastructure such as buildings, parking lots and already developed properties.
For more information, visit MEA.