The Athens-City County Health Department and Age-Friendly Athens County, in partnership with the Athens County Commissioners, are proud to announce a request for proposals for Athens County Healthy Aging Community Grants.
Donor Name: Athens City-County Health Department
County: Athens County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000 to $100,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
These grants aim to foster an improved quality of life, enable people to stay connected to their communities, and promote a healthy, independent, active lifestyle.
One-time Healthy Aging Grant funds have been provided to the Athens County Commissioners by the Ohio Department of Aging to help Ohioans ages 60 and older stay healthy, live longer, and maintain their independence. These grants aim to foster an improved quality of life, enable people to stay connected to their communities, and promote a healthy, independent, active lifestyle.
A portion of these funds will be used to award five $15,000 grants to projects in Athens County.
Funds can be used for Athens County projects that address priorities identified in the Ohio Department of Aging’s Strategic Action Plan on which include:
- Community conditions such as financial stability, access to transportation, or safe housing.
- Healthy living such as access to nutritious food and opportunities for physical activity that support healthy aging.
- Access to care that supports health and well-being, affordable health-care coverage, home and community-based support, or caregiver support.
- Social connection that helps people feel valued and connected to others in their community.
- Preserving independence as people age.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Improve access to community or health resources
- Make it easier for more people to participate in your existing program
- Provide training or other opportunities to improve skills for serving older adults
- Promote empowerment of older adults
- Incorporate best practices.
Community groups and organizations that serve or strive to serve older adults in Athens County. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Village Councils or other local governments
- Faith communities
- Senior groups/clubs
- Community service organizations
- Business associations
- Non-profit organizations
- Athens County Together teams
- Volunteer organizations.
For more information, visit ACCHD.