United Way’s 2024-25 Community Investment Fund Grant Application Process is now open!
Donor Name: United Way of Kankakee and Iroquois Counties
County: Iroquois County (IL), Kankakee County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Not Available
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
United Way invests in high-quality programs designed to improve the education, health, and financial stability of residents in Kankakee and Iroquois counties.
Eligible Funding Requests
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for funding must:
- Operate and provide services in Kankakee and/or Iroquois Counties.
- Qualify as a human service organization or tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Be able to provide UWKIC with a completed financial audit or letter of financial review.
- Be able to submit a Federal 990 and Illinois 990AG.
- Possess a letter of good standing from the Illinois Secretary of State.
- Have an active, local Board of Directors comprised of nonpaid volunteers who meet at least quarterly.
- Maintain an annual operating budget.
Ineligible Funding Requests
Organizations that provide programs or services described below are ineligible for funding:
- Are primarily political in nature.
- Provide programs or services limited solely to the members of a particular religious group.
- Programs run by an organization with a religious affiliation may be granted funds, but only if the grant allocation funds are clearly not used for religious activities.
- Exist solely as a forum for the presentation of cultural and/or artistic achievements.
- Provide only direct medical services such as hospitals, outpatient clinics, neighborhood health centers and other health delivery systems. This does not prohibit the funding of programs that provide supportive and ancillary health services for specific client populations.
- Provide primary services that are the mandated responsibility of a governmental organization that serves the entire population.
For more information, visit UWKIC.